Sunday School for grades K-12: In the past, Sunday school has been…boring. Our teachers have always worked exceptionally hard to do great and faithful work with the resources they’ve been given – but old curriculum-centered models of Christian education simply weren’t fitting the new reality in which we now live. In order to enliven our teaching ministry and truly engage our young people, we’re stepping out in faith and creating a new way of doing Sunday school.
- Children and youth will hear and engage the same scriptures that are preached during worship – and they will do so in ways that are dynamic, fun, and worth waking up early on a Sunday morning!
- Drama, visual arts, crafts, videography (not sitting and watching videos, but actually MAKING them!), calligraphy, poetry and other creative activities will help students learn a wide swath of scripture in new ways – AND, our young people’s creations will become an integral part of the 10:30 worship service each week!
- Our children and youth meet each Sunday at 9:15 am in lower level of the church. Come be a part of something new!!
Junior Youth Fellowship (JYF) – grades 3-5:
- The JYF group meets the first Thursday of each month from 6:30-8:00 pm.
- Dinner is served at each meeting and kids will have opportunities for fellowship, learning, service and worship during their time together!
Chi Rho – grades 6-8 and Christian Youth Fellowship (CYF) – grades 9-12:
Our youth groups meet at 5pm on Sundays for fellowship, study, worship and opportunity to serve. All our youth are welcome! Not to mention all the great events in between times – youth Bible studies every other Thursday at 6:30pm, fundraisers for various mission trips, Halloween parties, and other events that include the Greater Kansas City Disciples of Christ Youth (all the DOC churches in the area). Come and find a place to belong and a place to draw closer to God.