Youth Ministry at Hillside has been a priority for many years. We understand that our youth are not merely the “Church of Tomorrow” – they are also the “Church of Right Now”!
Because teens and tweens are a part of the Church of Today, our ministry for and with them includes numerous opportunities for young people to develop their leadership skills and spiritual gifts – and to actually use them!
Our youth participate in:
- –Mission Trips
- –All-Church Activities
- –Worship Leadership
- –Youth Elder Apprenticeship Program
- –Food Pantry & Back Snacks Program
- –Numerous Other Service Opportunities
And, in the midst of this service, our teens and tweens also:
- –Study hard (through Bible study, Sunday School, Society of Jacob and youth group lessons)
- –play hard (at youth group, lock ins and special activities)
- –pray hard (especially at special youth worship services)
- –go to camp
- –ice skate
- –share their stories of life and faith
- –laugh A LOT!
If you would like more information on how to become a part of Hillside’s Youth Ministry (as a youth or adult volunteer), please contact Rev. Lara Blackwood Pickrel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU CAN ALSO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUTH AT HILLSIDE BY VISITING OUR GROUP PAGE ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hillsideccyouth/
**NOTE** As a part of our Safe Sanctuary program, all adult volunteers who work with children or youth must fill out an application and submit to a criminal background check. We are committed to making sure Hillside is a safe place for our young people!