Elders do this by:
- Reaching out to those on their list and introducing themselves and the purpose of the program
- Asking if there is anything that the Circle of Elders or the Pastoral staff of the church can be in prayer for them about
- Gathering updated information, and seeing if they are receiving the necessary communications from the church
- Providing pastoral care in times of crisis, health concerns, or need.
The Circle Elders are undergoing regular training by the Senior Minister on areas specific to the ministry of the Elders.
These areas include:
- At home communion visits
- Hospital visits
- New member / visitor calls
- Prayer practices
- and many others
As the Care Cluster program rolls out, be sure to inform your new Care Elder of any need you have. We will be adapting and changing the program as we gain experience about how best to serve the spiritual and care needs of the congregation, and this is a great way to start!