Worship is often the first thing people check out in a church. We take that seriously, but not for the reasons you might think.
The simple truth is, worship is about God. It is a corporate act of reverence, joy, praise and thanksgiving. Through our worship, we offer:
Worship is "attractive" only in that, through our worship of God, we are drawn unto and into the presence of God, where we find hope, healing and a renewed commitment to Christian faith.
8:00 Chapel Service, traditional hymns in a smaller, reflective setting.
Can't make it to Hillside on Sunday? That's okay!
What Can You Expect at Hillside for Worship?
- a weekly worship liturgy formed around 3 concepts: "Issuing the Call", "Equipping the People", and "Commissioning". These concepts inform our worship by gathering, teaching and sending;
- a seasonal / liturgical calendar that employs the major themes of the Church year: Advent, Epiphany, Lent, Pentecost, and Ordinary Time. Observing these seasons guides our worship through the Church year, but is not solely directive;
- an informal but meaningful gathering, of folks in their "Sunday best", their work clothes, or most comfortable shorts and flipflops;
- a weekly celebration of the Lord's Supper - one of the two sacraments recognized by the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The communion meal is open and available to all who desire to participate. Church membership is not required to partake;
- inspiring music from our professional praise team, Hillside Singers vocal choir, and Hillside Ringers bell choir;
- thoughtful sermons that draw insight from the Bible for living Christ-centered lives;
- an atmosphere where families, singles, retirees, young adults and everybody in-between are finding connection, purpose and a rejuvenating spirituality.